Easy Baked Beans
- 1½ cups dried red kidney beans
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced (3 cups)
- 1 8-oz. jar medium salsa
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar
- 3 Tbs. yellow mustard
1. Soak beans in 6 cups water overnight. Drain; reserve soaking liquid.
2. Coat Dutch oven with cooking spray, and heat over low heat. Add onions, cover, and cook 15 minutes, or until browned. Stir in 1 cup soaking liquid. Simmer 5 minutes, scraping up onion bits stuck to pot.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients and 5 cups water. Cover, and cook 1½ hours. Uncover; simmer 1 hour more, or until sauce has thickened.