Edamame Pâté Sandwiches
30 minutes or fewer
The pâté can also be spread on crackers or thinned with additional water and used as a dip.
- 1 ¼ cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- ½ cup walnuts
- ⅓ cup mint leaves (packed)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 Tbs. lemon juice
- 8 slices whole-grain bread
- 2 cups arugula
- 4 jarred roasted red peppers, drained
- 2 small cucumbers, thinly sliced
1. Purée edamame, walnuts, mint, green onion, and salt in food processor until finely chopped. With motor running, add lemon juice and 3 Tbs. water. Process until smooth.
2. Spread each of 4 bread slices with 1/3 cup pâté. Add 1/2 cup arugula, 1 roasted pepper, and cucumbers to each. Top with remaining bread slices.
March 2010 p.59