Egg-and-Cheese Breakfast Wrap
Makes 4 wraps
30 minutes or fewer
A thin 1-egg omelet wraps up spreadable cheese and veggies for a take-along breakfast. We’ve called for Pub Cheese, which is traditionally made with Cheddar and horseradish, but any spreadable cheese, such as soft goat cheese or queso, will work.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- ½ cup Cheddar and horseradish spreadable cheese, such as rondelé Pub Cheese
- 1 cup broccoli sprouts or arugula
1. Heat 8-inch nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Whisk 1 egg in small bowl, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Pour egg into skillet, and swirl to coat bottom completely like a crêpe. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until egg is firm in center. Slide onto paper-towel-lined plate. Top with paper towel. Repeat with remaining eggs, then cool.
2. Toss together tomatoes and garlic in bowl, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Let stand 10 minutes, then drain off liquid.
3. Place 1 egg wrapper on work surface. Spread with 2 Tbs. cheese. Spread a line of 1/4 cup tomatoes over top one-third of egg wrapper. Top with 1/4 cup sprouts. Roll egg wrapper around vegetables, like a burrito, folding in sides; place seam-side-down on plate. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
June 2013 p.38