Egg and Veggie Salad with Dill Green Goddess Dressing
30 minutes or fewer
Look for French breakfast or watermelon radishes to add color and interest to this salad. Don’t be tempted to make the dressing in just one step; only part of the yogurt is puréed with seasonings, then stirred into the remaining yogurt to achieve the right consistency.
- 5 large eggs
- 10 small purple potatoes, halved lengthwise (14 oz.)
- 16 medium orange cauliflower florets
- 4 Persian cucumbers
- ⅓ cup plus 1 Tbs. finely chopped fresh dill
- ¾ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 bunch large radishes, sliced or quartered, radish leaves reserved, optional
1. Set large vegetable steamer rack in pot over boiling water. Place eggs on rack; surround with potatoes. Cover pan, and steam 10 minutes. Scatter cauliflower over potatoes. Cover, and steam 3 to 4 minutes more, or until vegetables are just tender and eggs are hard-boiled.
2. Meanwhile, cut 1-inch piece from 1 cucumber. Peel, and place piece in blender. Add 1/3 cup dill, 1/4 cup yogurt, oil, and vinegar, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Purée in blender until smooth. Place remaining 1/2 cup yogurt in medium bowl. Stir purée from blender into yogurt until smooth.
3. Slice remaining cucumbers thickly on diagonal.
4. Peel eggs under cold running water. Quarter eggs.
5. Divide radish leaves (if using) among plates. Top with eggs, potatoes, cauliflower, cucumbers, and radishes. Drizzle each salad with dressing. Sprinkle with remaining 1 Tbs. chopped dill.
July/August 2012 p.34