Chilling this parfait mixture overnight allows the flavors of maple, nutmeg, and cinnamon
to blend into a rich pudding.
- 2 Tbs. pure maple syrup
- 24 oz. vanilla soy pudding
- 2 Tbs. dark rum, or 1 tsp. rum extract
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg, plus more for garnish
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- 2 cups vanilla cookies or wafers, such as Cherrybrook Kitchen or Mi-Del, crumbled 4 bananas, sliced
- Soy whipped cream, for garnish
1. Combine pudding, maple syrup, rum, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in bowl; chill overnight.
2. To assemble parfaits: Alternate layers of cookies, pudding mixture,
and banana slices, to fill serving cup. Top each parfait with dollop of whipped cream, and sprinkle with ground nutmeg.
January 2010 p.50