Endive Petals with Rosemary Chevre
Makes 32 petals
30 minutes or fewer
The rosemary-goat cheese filling here can be made up to two days ahead. Arrange the finished petals in concentric circles on a large round platter for an elegant flower-like presentation.
- 8 oz. fresh chèvre or goat cheese (2 4-oz. logs)
- 2 small shallots, finely chopped (¼ cup)
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ tsp. cracked black pepper
- 32 small red or green endive leaves (about 4 heads endive)
- 32 candied pecan or walnut halves
1. Mash chevre in bowl until chunky. Stir in shallots, oil, rosemary, and pepper, and season with salt, if desired.
2. Spoon 2 tsp. chevre mixture on widest end of each endive leaf, and top each with 1 candied pecan. Set leaves in circular pattern on serving platter.
September 2011 p.50