Fajita Wraps with Salsa Verde
30 minutes or fewer
Poblano chiles add zip and portobello mushrooms lend substance to this Mexican-style favorite. To warm tortillas, wrap tortilla stack in foil and heat in a 300F over for about 10 minutes. Meal Plan: Serves these fajita wraps with a black bean salad made with rinsed, drained canned black beans, diced green bell pepper, chopped fresh cilantro and a low-fat vinaigrette dressing. To speed preparation, cook mushrooms while tomatillos simmer.
Ingredient Set Name:
- Salsa Verde: In small saucepan, combine tomatillos and cold water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold running water until cool, then drain again. Transfer to food processor along with onion and salt. Process until puréed.
- In medium serving bowl, mash avocado with fork. Stir in tomatillo mixture until blended. Set Salsa Verde aside.
- In large cast-iron skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tsp. oil. Add mushrooms, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 2 tsp. oil over medium heat. Add onion and chiles and cook, stirring often, until lightly caramelized and crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Season with salt. Return mushrooms to skillet and heat through.
- Place warmed tortillas on serving plate. Place skillet on a trivet and let each diner assemble his or her own fajitas. Pass Salsa Verde separately to spoon on top.