Fettuccine with Basil-Tomato Sauce
30 minutes or fewer
There's no better way to showcase ripe, juicy summer tomatoes than with this sauce. Seeding the tomatoes takes only a minute or two and makes all the difference. It keeps the sauce sweet—the seeds can be slightly acidic—and prevents it from becoming too watery.
- 2 ½ lb. ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 Tbs. brown rice syrup
- 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs. thinly sliced basil
- 1 Tbs. chopped chives
- 1 Tbs. minced Italian parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tsp.)
- 1 lb. fettuccine
- Basil sprigs, for garnish
1. Combine tomatoes, rice syrup, vinegar, basil, chives, parsley and garlic in large serving bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
3. Toss pasta with sauce. Season to taste with salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper. Garnish with basil sprigs, and serve.