Fresh Tomato Farfalle
30 minutes or fewer
Try this recipe with an assortment of heirloom tomatoes for a colorful main dish that’s delicious hot or cold.
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. grated lime zest
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 lb. tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces (5 cups)
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup torn basil leaves
- 9 oz. farfalle pasta
- 1¼ cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
1. Combine lime juice, olive oil, lime zest, and cumin in large bowl. Add tomatoes, chickpeas, and basil, and toss to coat. Set aside.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Add corn to pasta water 2 minutes before end of cooking time. Drain, and toss with tomato mixture. Serve warm or at room temperature.
July/August 2008 p.87