Frisée Salad with Creamy Truffle Vinaigrette
30 minutes or fewer
This spring salad
is an inventive redo of French salade lyonnaise, traditionally made with poached egg and bacon.
- 2 Tbs. vegan mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tsp. white truffle oil
- 1 ½ tsp. chopped fresh chives
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. sherry vinegar
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 large Yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 2 Tbs. canola or safflower oil
- 2 heads frisée lettuce, leaves left whole (8 cups)
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 bunch French breakfast radishes or red radishes, quartered lengthwise (1 cup)
- 1 cup roasted pistachios, crushed
1. To make Dressing: Whisk together mayonnaise, truffle oil, chives, mustard, and vinegar in bowl. Whisk in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
2. To make Salad: Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss potatoes with canola oil on baking sheet, then spread into single layer, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Bake 25 minutes, or until golden brown, turning occasionally.
3. Toss frisée with Dressing. Arrange potatoes on platter, top with frisée, and garnish with tomatoes, radishes, and pistachios.
April 2010 p.67