Fusilli Bucati Lunghi with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
30 minutes or fewer
Roasted red bell peppers star in this recipe for red sauce.
- 2 Tbs. garlic-flavored olive oil
- 1 cup jarred roasted red bell peppers, rinsed, drained, and chopped
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped (½ cup)
- 1 large carrot, finely diced (½ cup)
- 8 oz. dry fusilli bucati lunghi
1. Heat oil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Add roasted peppers, onion, and carrot; sauté 5 minutes, or until onion begins to brown. Add 3/4 cup water, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook pasta in pot of boiling salted water according to package directions.
3. Remove roasted pepper mixture from heat, and purée in blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
4. Drain pasta, and return to pot. Stir in red pepper sauce.
September 2010 p.36