Garlicky Tofu with Spinach over Pasta
30 minutes or fewer Vegan
A nonstick skillet is a must for this recipeit makes the garlic cling to the tofu and form a sort of crust.
10 oz. whole wheat linguine
1 ½ cups prepared pasta sauce
12 oz. baked tofu, cut into ½-inch cubes
6 cloves garlic, minced
10 oz. baby spinach, washed
- Cook linguine according to package directions; drain.
- Warm pasta sauce in pot over medium-low heat.
- Coat nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium heat. Add tofu, and cook 5 minutes, or until crisp and browned, turning often. Stir in garlic, and cook 1 minute more, or until tofu is coated with browned garlic. Transfer to plate, and cover to keep warm.
- Add spinach to same skillet. (Add spinach in batches, if necessary, stirring to wilt so remainder will fit.) Cover, and cook 2 minutes, or until tender.
- Divide cooked pasta among 4 individual plates. Top each with equal amounts of spinach then garlic tofu. Spoon sauce on top, and serve.