- 6 very ripe medium peaches (3 lb.)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 ¼-inch-thick coins fresh ginger
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 6 Tbs. Prosecco or white wine
1. Score X on bottom of each peach. Place in bowl, and cover with boiling water. Let stand 10 minutes. Drain, and rinse under cold water. Remove skins and pits, and chop.
2. Bring peaches, sugar, ginger, lemon juice, and lemon zest to a boil in saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 5 minutes, or until peaches are soft.
3. Remove ginger, transfer peach mixture to food processor, and blend until smooth. Cool.
4. Pour cooled sauce into 6 1/2-cup silicone molds or muffin pan cups. Press plastic wrap over surface of molds to seal out air. Freeze 4 hours, or until completely solid, then transfer to freezer bag to store.
5. To make sorbet: Pulse frozen cubes and Prosecco in food processor until smooth. Transfer to freezer-safe container, and freeze until ready to serve.July/August 2012 p.46