Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 24 cookies
30 minutes or fewer
Food editor Mary Margaret Chappell used this recipe to test the gluten-free
flour blends featured in VT's brand by brand comparison ('"Flour Power,"
December 2011, p. 42).
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbs. gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 stick (4 oz.) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in bowl, and set aside.
2. Lightly beat egg with electric mixer. Beat in sugars until combined. Add butter and vanilla, and beat until smooth. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Fold in chocolate chips. Cover, and chill overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spoon 2-Tbs. scoops of dough onto 2 ungreased baking sheets. Bake 9 to 12 minutes, or until light brown on top. Let cool 1 to 2 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to wire rack with spatula to cool completely.