Gluten-Free Teriyaki Sauce
Makes 1 1/2 cups
30 minutes or fewer
Use this all-purpose sauce to marinate tofu, top vegetables, season rice, and flavor stir-fries.
- 1 Tbs. cornstarch
- ¼ cup Bragg Liquid Aminos or gluten-free tamari or soy sauce
- 1 Tbs. toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbs. finely grated onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. mirin or rice wine
- 3 Tbs. brown rice syrup
- 1 Tbs. sesame seeds, optional
Place cornstarch in small saucepan, and slowly whisk in Liquid Aminos until no lumps remain. Whisk in 3/4 cup water, then sesame oil, onion, garlic, ginger, and mirin. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat, and boil 1 minute, or until thickened, whisking constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in brown rice syrup and sesame seeds (if using).
July/August 2013 p.38