Grape and Almond Harvest Cake
In this recipe, the grapes caramelize as they cook for a more intense flavor. As great as it is straight out of the oven, the cake improves if it's allowed to rest at room temperature overnight.
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅓ cup grape seed oil
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp. almond extract
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 ¾ cups red seedless grapes
- 2 Tbs. raw or turbinado sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 9-inch springform pan.
2. Whisk together all-purpose flour, almond flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt in bowl.
3. Whisk together oil, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, until thoroughly combined. Whisk in yogurt. Stir in flour mixture until mixed.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 10 minutes. Remove cake from oven, and gently place grapes in even layer on top. Sprinkle sugar over grapes. Bake 25 to 30 minutes more, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes, then remove pan’s outer ring, and cool completely.