Grated Carrot and Celery Root Salad with Hemp Seeds
30 minutes or fewer
Dark flecks of shelled hemp seed play off the bright color of carrots in this salad.
- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 8 oz. celery root, peeled
- 3 green onions, chopped (¼ cup)
- ¼ cup shelled hemp seed
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 4 tsp. hemp seed oil
1. Grate carrots and celery root using finest grater setting of food processor. Transfer to bowl, and stir in green onions and hemp seed.
2. Whisk together mustard and vinegar in small bowl. Whisk in hemp seed oil. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Add vinaigrette to carrot and celery mixture, and toss to coat.
April/May 2011 p.32