Greek Pasta Salad
30 minutes or fewer
Using pasta in place of the usual lettuce turns Greek salad
into a substantial and lively main dish. Feel free to try other types of short pasta instead of the ones suggested here.
- 10 oz. medium shell pasta
- 2 large ripe but firm tomatoes, diced (2 1⁄2 cups)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into short, narrow strips (1 cup)
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup Greek black olives, pitted if desired
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat vinaigrette, or to taste
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- Juice of 1⁄2 lemon (2 Tbs.)
1. Bring large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon salt and pasta, stirring to prevent sticking. Cook pasta until just tender. Drain; rinse under cold running water and drain well.
2. Transfer pasta to large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss gently until well combined. Serve at room temperature.