30 minutes or fewer
Try this Mediterranean-flavored chili over spaghetti, linguine, or rice.
- 2 15-oz. cans low-sodium chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 14.5-oz. cans diced tomatoes with garlic and onions
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper, plus more to taste, optional
- 5 oz. fresh spinach leaves (8 cups)
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Combine chickpeas, tomatoes, and cayenne in large saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 20 minutes.
2. Add spinach, and cook over medium heat 1 minute, or until spinach is wilted. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and add more cayenne, if using. Serve garnished with feta cheese.
January/February 2013 p.36