Greek Zucchini Salad with Crumbled Feta
Fresh mint, feta cheese and zucchini are a favorite summer salad
combination in small tavernas throughout the Greek Isles. For a more colorful salad, use one zucchini and one yellow squash.
- 3 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced (about 1 tsp.)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, peeled into thin ribbons (about 4 cups)
- 1 medium sweet onion, such as Vidalia or Walla Walla, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped (about ¼ cup)
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
Whisk together lemon juice, lemon zest, and garlic in large serving bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add zucchini and onion, and toss to coat. Cover and marinate overnight, or up to 2 days. Sprinkle with feta, green onions, mint, and parsley just before serving.
May/June 2007 p.35