This refreshing soup
is perfect for picnics. For easy transport and serving, pack it in a tight-closing bottle or wide-mouthed Thermos, and preassemble skewers of lime wedges and radish quarters to pack in a resealable plastic bag. Because the gazpacho is puréed, guests can sip it from small cups rather than using spoons.
- 1 cup radishes
- 1 cup radish leaves or watercress
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 4 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 large yellow or green zebra tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. prepared horseradish
- ½ tsp. celery salt
- ¼ tsp. vegan Worcestershire sauce
- Lime wedges and radish quarters, for garnish
1. Place radishes, radish leaves, basil, and green onions in bowl of food processor, and pulse until finely chopped and almost smooth. Add tomatoes, lime juice, olive oil, horseradish, celery salt, and Worcestershire sauce, and pulse until finely chopped. Season with salt and pepper, and thin with water if soup is too thick.
2. Thread lime wedges and radish quarters onto 6 toothpicks.
3. To serve: Ladle soup into glasses, and garnish with lime-and-radish skewers.