Green Curry Stir-Fry with Cashews
30 minutes or fewer
Cashews are a classic in stir-fries. Here, they’re sprinkled over a medley of mushrooms
and green beans.
- 1 Tbs. peanut oil
- ½ cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 12-oz. pkg. sliced mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 lb. green beans, cut into thirds
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 2 Tbs. light coconut milk
- 1½ Tbs. green curry paste
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. low-sodium tamari sauce
- ½ cup roasted salted cashews, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and mushrooms, and season with salt, if desired. Cover, and cook 6 minutes, or until mushrooms begin to brown.
2. Uncover pan, stir in garlic and ginger, and sauté 2 minutes. Add green beans and raisins, and stir-fry 3 minutes.
3. Whisk together coconut milk, curry paste, lemon juice, and tamari in small bowl. Add curry mixture to skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 2 minutes, or until sauce has thickened. Garnish with cashews and cilantro.
April/May 2014 p.75