Grilled Bread with Rosemary-Honey Drizzle
30 minutes or fewer
If you've never grilled a slice of crusty artisan bread, stand by for an "aha!" moment. Here a bit of rosemary-infused honey
gilds the lily.
- 8 slices crusty artisan bread, such as ciabatta, sliced ½- to ¾-inch-thick
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- kosher or coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
- 3 Tbs. honey
- 2 tsp. fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp. sherry vinegar
1. Preheat gas grill to medium.
2. Brush bread slices on both sides with oil, and sprinkle lightly with salt. grill bread, covered, 2 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown on both sides.
3. Meanwhile, warm honey, rosemary, and vinegar in small saucepan over medium-low heat 4 to 5 minutes. Drizzle warm honey mixture over warm grilled bread; serve immediately.
September 2012 p.56