Hasty Cranberry-Pecan Pudding
SERVES 4 TO 6
30 minutes or fewer
30 MINUTES OR LESSUse a polenta brand that cooks in 5 minutes or less.
- 3 cups vanilla soymilk
- 3 Tbs. maple syrup, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ½ cup instant polenta
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped toasted pecans, plus 4 additional toasted whole pecans for garnish
- Blend soymilk, maple syrup, ginger, cinnamon and salt in saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat immediately to medium-low.
- Whisk in polenta in a slow, steady stream. Cook, whisking often, until mixture thickens to a loose consistency, for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in cranberries and pecans, and add more maple syrup, if desired.
- To serve, spoon into individual ramekins or small bowls. Top with a pecan, and serve.
A dessert of cranberries with spicy flavors calls for a port. Try Dow’s Late Bottle Vintage Port or Benjamin Port.