Heirloom Tomato & Sweet Corn Pizzas
This appetizer is a cross between pizza and bruschetta with colorful heirloom tomatoes added just before serving.
- 1 head garlic, top trimmed
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon zest
- 2 prepared garlic-herb pizza doughs
- 2½ oz. Cotija or feta cheese
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 lb. assorted heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 2 Tbs. torn fresh basil
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh dill
1. To make Garlic Pistou: Preheat oven to 350°F. Wrap garlic in foil. Bake 40 minutes, or until softened. Cool.
2. Squeeze garlic cloves into bowl of food processor. Blend with remaining ingredients until smooth.
3. To make Pizzas: Preheat oven to 400°F. Place doughs on 2 baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Spread with Garlic Pistou. Sprinkle with cheese and corn. Bake 15 minutes, or until crisp.
4. Toss tomatoes with basil and dill in bowl. Arrange tomatoes on hot crusts.
September 2008 p.78