Herb-Roasted Winter Veggies
30 minutes or fewer
These roasted vegetables are delicious over rice or pasta. They also make a fabulous addition to frittatas.
- 2 cups bite-size cauliflower florets, each halved lengthwise
- 2 cups halved Brussels sprouts
- 2 medium carrots, cut into sticks
- 1 medium yam or sweet potato (½ lb.), diced
- 3 Tbs. garlic-infused olive oil, divided
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
Preheat oven to 450°F. Place cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, carrots, and yam in large bowl. Add 2 Tbs. oil, rosemary, and thyme, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Scatter vegetables evenly on baking sheet, and roast 20 minutes, turning 2 or 3 times with spatula. Increase oven temperature to 500°F, and roast vegetables 10 minutes more, or until tender. Transfer vegetables to large serving bowl, and add parsley, lemon juice, and remaining 1 Tbs. oil. Toss to mix, and serve.
January 2009 p.34