Hoisin “Sausage” and Plum Kebabs
30 minutes or fewer
Placing hot kebabs directly on a bed of baby spinach, then topping with warm sauce wilts the spinach, adding a tender texture.
- ⅓ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbs. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2½ tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp. chile paste, such as sambal oelek
- 3 firm, ripe plums, each pitted and cut into 8 slices
- 5 green onions, each cut into 4 batons
- 4 4-oz. soy sausages, each cut into 4 chunks
- 8 cups baby spinach leaves
1. Whisk together hoisin sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and chile paste in saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and transfer to small bowl.
2. Thread each of 4 skewers with 6 plum slices, 5 green onion batons, and 4 sausage chunks.
3. Oil grill grates, and preheat grill to medium. Place kebabs on grill, close hood, and cook 4 minutes. Turn, close hood again, and cook 4 minutes more, or until plums are tender. Transfer kebabs to platter, and brush with half of hoisin mixture.
4. Divide spinach among 4 serving plates. Top with kebabs, and drizzle with remaining hoisin mixture.