Hominy Quesadillas with Grilled Tomatillo Salsa
Once you see how easy it is to make your own grilled tomatillo salsa, you’ll have a hard time going back to cans or jars.
1. Coat grill grate or grill pan with cooking spray, and preheat over medium heat.
2. Coat tomatillos, poblano, and onion chunks with cooking spray. Grill 10 minutes, or until tender and charred.
3. Pulse grilled onion chunks and tomatillos to coarse purée in mini food processor. Add poblano and lime juice; blend just until poblano is chopped. Transfer to bowl, and stir in cilantro. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
4. Pulse hominy, beans, and remaining 3/4 cup chopped onion in food processor until just beginning to stick together.
5. Press one-quarter hominy mixture over half of each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese, and season with salt and pepper, if desired, and hot sauce. Fold tortillas in half to enclose filling, and lightly coat both sides with cooking spray.
6. Grill quesadillas 6 minutes, or until filling is heated through and tortilla is charred, turning once. Let stand 2 minutes, then cut each quesadilla into 3 wedges. Serve with tomatillo salsa and lime wedges.