- 6 large carrots, halved and cut into ¼-inch-thick slices (4 cups)
- 2 medium shallots, sliced into thin rings (¼ cup)
- ½ cup honey
- 1 Tbs. cider vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Place carrots and shallots in nonstick skillet, and heat over medium heat. Cook 2 to 4 minutes, or until beginning to brown.
2. Stir in honey, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Partially cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 15 minutes, or until carrots are tender. Uncover, stir in vinegar, and increase heat to medium-high.
3. Cook 2 minutes more. Stir in parsley, and serve.March 2010 p.32