Horseradish Smashed Potatoes
30 minutes or fewer
If you can't find fresh horseradish, substitute 2 tablespoons of prepared horseradish.
- 2 lb. small Yukon gold or Dutch yellow potatoes, sliced into ½-inch-thick rounds
- ⅓ cup crème fraîche, warmed
- ¼ cup finely chopped chives
- 3 Tbs. peeled and grated fresh horseradish root, firmly packed
1. Bring potatoes and enough salted water to cover to a boil in pot over medium heat. Cook 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain, then return to pot.
2. Combine crème fraîche, chives, and horseradish in bowl. Mash potatoes with wooden spoon, leaving large chunks. Fold in crème fraîche mixture.
December 2011 p.38