Hot Broccoli-Artichoke Dip
Makes 2 cups
30 minutes or fewer
This crowd-pleasing dip is an inspired way to use up leftover cooked broccoli. The recipe can be tripled to fit a 13- x 9-inch baking dish, which is perfect for potlucks and cocktail parties. It also works well as a tasty sandwich spread.
- 4 oz. Neufchâtel-style cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 Tbs. chopped green olives, optional
- 3 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 Tbs. light mayonnaise
- ½ tsp. grated lemon zest
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup cooked broccoli, finely chopped (3 oz.)
- Pinch smoked paprika for garnish, optional
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 8-inch ovenproof baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
April 2010 p.64
2. Beat cream cheese in medium bowl with electric mixer until creamy. Stir in artichoke hearts, olives (if using), 2 Tbs. Parmesan, mayonnaise, lemon zest, and cayenne. Fold in broccoli.
3. Spread mixture in prepared baking dish, and sprinkle with remaining 1 Tbs. Parmesan and paprika, if using. Bake 20 minutes, or until bubbly, hot in center, and slightly browned at edges.