Italian Veggie Medley
30 minutes or fewer
This quick, versatile vegetable medley is perfect served over pasta or steamed wheat berries. It also makes a great hero sandwich filling: simply spread on 2 sliced long rolls, top with slices of provolone cheese, and grill in the double-sided grill 3 to 4 minutes, or until bread is crisp and cheese is melted.
- 1 tomato, cut into ½-inch-thick slices
- 1 small zucchini (4 oz.), halved and cut into ½-inch-thick strips
- 4 oz. fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 4 oil-packed artichoke hearts, drained and halved (½ cup), plus 1 tsp. oil from jar
- ½ small onion, sliced (½ cup)
- 1 jarred roasted red pepper, drained and cut into strips (¼ cup)
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
Combine all ingredients in large bowl, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Spread on grill, close, and cook on medium-high 10 minutes, or until vegetables are browned. Drizzle with pan juices, if desired.
March 2011 p.36