Makes 10 patties
30 minutes or fewer
“Working with children and youth is my calling, so most of my cooking experiments are kid-friendly,” says Mary Jane Wagner. “My husband and I have five children of our own (three grown, two teenagers), plus two teenage boys from Ghana live with us. I make these for my family, and four teenagers can eat quite a lot! They enjoy them with ketchup or barbecue sauce.”
- 1 15-oz. can lentils, rinsed and drained
- ½ large onion, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 2 medium carrots, shredded (1 cup)
- ¾ cup prepared marinara sauce
- ¾ cup walnuts, finely chopped
- ¾ cup Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free pancake mix
- 1 Tbs. Bob’s Red Mill nutritional yeast
1. Combine all ingredients in large bowl.
2. Spray large skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium heat. Scoop batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto hot skillet, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until bottoms of patties have browned. Flip, cover pan, and cook 5 to 7 minutes more, or until browned on both sides and vegetables have softened.
September 2012 p.69