Jasmine Rice Pudding
- 1 14-oz. can low-fat sweetened condensed milk
- 4 Tbs. toasted cocoa nibs, divided
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup cooked jasmine rice
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Bring condensed milk and 1 cup water to a simmer in saucepan. Add 2 Tbs. cocoa nibs, and remove from heat. Infuse 20 minutes. Strain mixture into bowl, and discard cocoa nibs.
2. Whisk eggs and vanilla into milk mixture. Stir in rice. Divide among 8 1/2-cup ramekins. Place ramekins in roasting pan, and fill with hot water until it reaches halfway up sides of ramekins. Cover with foil, and bake 30 minutes. Remove ramekins from water with tongs, and cool. Sprinkle puddings with remaining cocoa nibs.February 2009