Kerala-Style Edamame Curry
1. Heat fennel, mustard, and cumin seeds in dry skillet over medium-low heat. Cover, and cook 2 minutes, or until mustard seeds begin to pop, shaking pan occasionally. Turn off heat, and keep skillet covered until popping subsides.
2. Heat 1 tsp. oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped onion; sauté 6 minutes. Add 1 cup broth, stirring bottom of saucepan to lift off any brown bits, then add remaining 3 cups broth and coconut milk. Stir in squash, cauliflower, ginger, turmeric, salt, and toasted spices. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes. Add edamame, and cook 10 minutes more.
3. Meanwhile, toast coconut in small skillet over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes, or until browned and fragrant. Set aside.
4. Heat remaining 1 tsp. oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add sliced onion; sauté 12 minutes, or until golden.
5. To serve, spoon curry into 6 bowls. Garnish each serving with golden onion slices, toasted coconut, and cilantro.