Korean Sesame-Crusted Tofu
30 minutes or fewer
Serve this dish with steamed rice and kimchee, spicy pickled cabbage found in the refrigerator section of Asian grocery stores and well-stocked supermarkets.
- 1 16-oz. pkg. extra-firm tofu, drained
- 2 Tbs. sesame seeds
- 4 tsp. toasted sesame oil, divided
- 1 lb. bok choy, coarsely chopped (4 cups)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 15-oz. can baby corn, rinsed and drained
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced (½ cup)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced (2 Tbs.)
- 2 bird’s eye chiles or other small chile peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
1. Place tofu between two cutting boards, tip boards over sink edge; drain 10 minutes. Cut tofu into bite-size cubes.
2. Coat tofu with sesame seeds in small bowl. Heat 2 tsp. oil in wok or large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add tofu, and sauté 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove tofu to plate.
3. Heat remaining 2 tsp. oil in wok over high heat. Add bok choy and bell pepper; stir-fry 4 minutes. Stir in corn, green onions, garlic, and chiles; stir-fry 2 minutes more. Stir in soy sauce, then fold in tofu.