- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 3 Tbs. honey, softened
- 1 organic lemon, zested and juiced (1 Tbs. zest, 3 Tbs. juice)
- 3 Tbs. almond meal
- ¼ tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease six 4-oz. ovenproof ramekins with coconut oil up to rim. Chill ramekins in refrigerator.
2. Whisk together 3 egg yolks, honey, lemon zest, lemon juice, and almond meal in medium bowl. (Reserve extra egg yolk for another use.)
3. Beat 4 egg whites and salt with electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold meringue into egg yolk mixture with spatula.
4. Fill ramekins two-thirds full, and bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until puffy and golden brown. Serve immediately.
Learn how to cook delicious gluten-free, vegetarian recipes online. Sign up now!March 2014 p.46