Lemon-Rosemary Butter Cookies
Makes about 40 cookies
The rosemary and lemon aromas of these cookies will make your kitchen smell like an Italian
- 4 oz. (1 stick) butter, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. finely chopped rosemary
- ½ tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- ⅓ cup corn flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup turbinado or sanding sugar for decorating
1. Beat butter, sugar, rosemary, and lemon zest with electric mixer 3 minutes, or until creamy. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla.
2. Whisk together flours, baking powder, and salt in bowl. Add to butter mixture, and beat until just combined. Shape into 2 1-inch-wide logs. Wrap in wax paper, and chill 2 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray. Slice cookies into 1/3-inch-thick rounds. Place turbinado sugar in bowl and press one cut side of cookies into sugar. Place sugar-side up on baking sheets. Bake 15 minutes, or until golden brown on bottoms. Transfer to wire racks to cool.