Light-and-Fast Raspberry Fool
30 minutes or fewer
"This year, we're starting to make our own raspberry ice cream at Dirt Candy and will use Cascadian Farm Frozen Organic Red Raspberries," says Amanda Cohen of Dirt Candy restaurant in New York. "They're never bland—they have a pure raspberry flavor that rivals fresh berries. In fact, they're so sweet, they need little or no added sugar, even if you eat them plain." Try them in this dessert, and everyone will think you used fresh.
- 1 10-oz. bag Cascadian Farm Frozen Organic Red Raspberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 cups plain Greek-style nonfat yogurt
- 3 Tbs. honey
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- 2 Tbs. grated orange zest
- 2 Tbs. sliced almonds
1. Bring raspberries and sugar to a boil in saucepan. Simmer 10 minutes. Transfer to bowl, and chill 10 minutes.
2. Whisk together yogurt, honey, almond extract, and zest in bowl. Fold 1 1/2 cups berry sauce into yogurt mixture, creating a marbled effect. Divide among bowls; garnish with almonds and leftover sauce.