Linguine Peperonata with Toasted Rosemary Breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine 2 Tbs. Parmesan, breadcrumbs, 1 Tbs. oil, and 11/4 tsp. rosemary on small baking sheet; season with salt and pepper, if desired. Toast 7 minutes, or until topping is golden. Stir to blend; set aside.
2. Slice tops and bottoms from bell peppers to make 3-inch-thick rings. Remove core and seeds from pepper rings, then slice rings vertically into 1/4-inch-wide strips.
3. Heat remaining 2 Tbs. oil in skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, red pepper flakes, and remaining 11/4 tsp. rosemary. Stir 30 seconds. Add bell pepper strips, and sauté 5 minutes, or until just tender.
4. Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions for al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
5. Toss linguine, 1/2 cup reserved cooking liquid or more if necessary, vinegar, and remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan with bell peppers in skillet. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Divide pasta among 4 plates, and sprinkle each with 2 Tbs. crumb topping.