Mac and Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 9-x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Cook pasta according to package directions, until al dente. Drain, rinse under cold water; drain again.
3. Process bread slices in food processor to fine crumbs. Add butter and 2 tsp. oil, and pulse to moisten. Transfer to small bowl.
4. Purée cottage cheese in processor.
5. Whisk ½ cup milk, flour and mustard in small bowl until smooth.
6. In large, heavy-bottomed pan, heat remaining 1 tsp. oil over medium heat. Add onion, and cook, stirring often, 6 to 8 minutes, or until softened. Add remaining 2½ cups milk, and bring to a bare simmer. Whisk in flour mixture, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 to 7 minutes, or until thickened. Remove from heat.
7. Whisk in puréed cottage cheese, Cheddar, and salt and black pepper to taste. Stir in macaroni, and transfer to baking dish. Sprinkle top with breadcrumb mixture.
8. Bake, uncovered, 30 to 35 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.