Mango and Black Bean Salad
Mangoes taste great fresh or frozen. Keep a bag on hand in the freezer for baked goods, salads, sauces, and snacks.
- 1 lime, juiced and zested (2 Tbs. juice, 1 tsp. zest)
- ¼ tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1 15-oz. can low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 10-oz. bag frozen mango chunks, thawed and cut into ¼-inch pieces
- 1 cup peeled, diced jicama
Whisk together lime juice, lime zest, and cayenne pepper; season with salt, if desired. Stir in black beans, mango chunks, and diced jicama. Chill 1 hour before serving.
January/February 2014 p.34