Mango and Pineapple Crumble
A home-style dessert gets a tropical twist by baking spiced mangoes and pineapple beneath a crunchy crumble topping. Serve with non-dairy, vanilla ice cream.
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup plus 3 Tbs. packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1 ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- ¾ tsp. grated nutmeg, divided
- ¼ tsp. ground allspice, divided
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 5 Tbs. chilled vegan margarine, cut into pieces, divided
- ½ cup raw pecans, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbs. unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 mangoes, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1-inch cubes (2 ½ cups)
- ½ pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch cubes (2 ½ cups)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 8-inch-square glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Combine flour, oats, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. nutmeg, 1/8 tsp. allspice, and salt in medium bowl. Add 4 Tbs. margarine, and rub with fingertips until mixture forms coarse meal. Press together until mixture begins to form moist clumps. Stir in pecans and coconut.
2. Combine remaining 3 Tbs. brown sugar, 3/4 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. nutmeg, and 1/8 tsp. allspice in large bowl. Add mangoes and pineapple, and toss to coat. Transfer to prepared baking dish; dot top with remaining 1 Tbs. margarine. Sprinkle oat topping over mango mixture.
3. Bake 40 minutes, or until topping is golden brown and juices bubble. Cool 10 to 20 minutes. Serve warm.