Maple Pecan Sablés
Makes 44 cookies
flour mix gives these cookies a wonderful melt-in-your-mouth texture.
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup nonhydrogenated vegan margarine (1 stick), softened
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 Tbs. maple syrup
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ⅓ cups unleavened gluten-free baking flour
- ¼ cup sanding sugar or raw sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Toast pecans 10 to 12 minutes. Cool.
March 2010 p.69
2. Beat margarine, brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt with electric mixer until smooth. Stir in flour with spatula until just mixed. Fold in pecans.
3. Shape dough into two 10-inch logs. Wrap in plastic wrap, and chill 2 hours.
4. Unwrap dough logs, and let stand 20 minutes at room temperature. Roll logs in sanding sugar, then slice into 1/4-inch disks. Transfer to baking sheet. Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until golden.