Marinated Cauliflower Salad
A lemony marinade tenderizes cauliflower florets just enough to give them a slightly chewy texture that still crunches. Serve alongside Mediterranean-style offerings, or use as a two-in-one topping and dressing for a simple tossed salad.
- 3 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 cups bite-sized cauliflower florets (8 oz.)
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into ¾-inch dice (1 cup)
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup shaved Parmesan cheese, optional
1. Whisk together lemon juice, mustard, garlic, and oil in small bowl. Toss with cauliflower in large nonreactive bowl, cover, and refrigerate 4 to 8 hours. Stir 1 or 2 times while marinating.
2. Stir bell pepper and parsley into marinated cauliflower. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and sprinkle with shaved Parmesan, if using.
September 2010 p.75