Marinated Ginger Tofu and Soba Noodles
Its fine to substitute other vegetables for the ones suggested here, but try to choose those with a similar amount of crunch.
1 orange, juiced (⅓ cup)
2 cups water
⅔ cup soy sauce
1 Tbs. fresh lemon or lime juice
2 Tbs. minced fresh ginger
1 lb. firm tofu, drained and cubed
2 Tbs. Asian sesame oil
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
½ large red bell pepper, coarsely chopped (¾ cup)
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 medium stalks bok choy, sliced
2 medium stalks celery, thinly sliced (1 cup)
1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
4 oz. soba noodles
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, mix orange juice, water, soy sauce, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of ginger. Add tofu and stir gently to blend. Set aside to marinate while you cook vegetables.
- In large Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic and remaining ginger and cook, stirring often, until onion is golden, about 7 minutes. Stir in bok choy, celery and zucchini and mix well. Stir in tofu with marinade.
- Bake until tofu is lightly browned and sauce is bubbly, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook soba noodles in large pot of lightly salted boiling water according to package directions. Drain, return to saucepan and toss with remaining 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
- Serve noodles with tofu and vegetables spooned over top. Sprinkle with cilantro if desired and serve hot.