Microgreens with Strawberry-Lime Vinaigrette
Microgreens are one of the first produce items to appear on farmers’ markets in the spring. Sweet and tender, they require a delicate dressing that won’t wilt or overwhelm the tiny leaves.
- 1 ½ cups diced strawberries
- 2 Tbs. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 6 oz. microgreens and/or salad greens
- 12 snow peas, thinly sliced
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- Halved strawberries, edible flowers, and fresh herb sprigs, for garnish, optional
1. To make Vinaigrette: Combine strawberries, vinegar, and maple syrup in bowl. Let stand 30 minutes. Strain liquid into small bowl (keeping strawberries separate), and stir in lime juice and oil. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
2. To make Salad: Toss together microgreens, snow peas, radishes, reserved strawberries, and 1/4 cup Vinaigrette in bowl. Garnish with halved strawberries, edible flowers, and fresh herb sprigs (if using).
April/May 2013 p.52