Mini Coconut Cream Pies
Makes 6 pies
30 minutes or fewer
These little coconut pies are sturdy enough to travel in a lunch box or picnic basket. Check the baking section at your grocery store for vegan-friendly, ready-made graham cracker pie crusts.
- ⅓ cup sweet flake coconut
- 6 oz. soft silken tofu, drained
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 5 Tbs. cornstarch
- 1 14-oz. can light coconut milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp. coconut extract
- 6 mini graham cracker pie crusts
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread coconut on baking sheet, and toast 5 minutes, shaking pan occasionally, or until golden.
2. Blend tofu in blender or food processor 2 to 3 minutes, or until smooth. Set aside.
3. Whisk together sugar and cornstarch in saucepan. Whisk in coconut milk, and cook over medium-high heat 8 minutes, or until thickened, whisking constantly.
4. Remove pan from heat. Fold in tofu, vanilla and coconut extracts, and coconut. Divide among mini pie crusts, and chill.