Mini Loaded Red Potatoes
Makes 10 stuffed potatoes
These sports bar–inspired creations are roasted instead of deep-fried. Choose the smallest red potatoes you can find to keep them easy to eat. Little chefs can scoop out and stuff the potatoes and then sprinkle with paprika.
- 10 red potatoes (2 inches in diameter)
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 pieces vegetarian bacon
- 5 tsp. low-fat sour cream
- 10 tsp. shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 6 chives, finely chopped
- Paprika for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Slice off small portion from one side of each potato to create flat base. Toss potatoes in bowl with oil and salt. Arrange potatoes, cut-side down, on baking sheet. Bake 20 to 30 minutes, or until soft.
2. Meanwhile, cook bacon according to package directions, then chop.
3. Allow potatoes to cool slightly, then slice top off each potato and scoop out 1 Tbs. flesh. Stuff each potato with 1/2 tsp. sour cream and 1 tsp. cheese, then sprinkle with chives and paprika.
May/June 2010 p.56