Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
The crust for these cheesecakes is made from spiced Belgian cookies called Biscoff. You can also use graham crackers or gingersnaps. Cocoa
Sour Cream adds a tangy touch to the desserts.
Cocoa Sour Cream
- 1 ½ cups Biscoff or gingersnap crumbs
- 4 Tbs. melted butter or margarine
- 12 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup plus 2 Tbs. light brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp. ground ginger
- ¾ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground allspice, optional
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tbs. unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
1. To make Cheesecakes: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
2. Combine Biscoff crumbs and melted butter in bowl. Press 2 Tbs. crumb mixture into bottoms of each paper liner. Bake 10 minutes, or until crumb crust begins to brown.
3. Purée cream cheese, pumpkin purée, eggs, brown sugar, flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and allspice in blender or food processor until smooth. Divide mixture equally among paper liners. Bake 15 minutes, or until set. Let Cheesecakes cool in paper liners, then remove liners. For best flavor, refrigerate 12 hours or up to 2 days.
4. To make Cocoa Sour Cream: Combine sour cream, sugar, 2 tsp. cocoa powder, and vanilla in small bowl until sugar dissolves. Garnish each Cheesecake with dollop of Cocoa Sour Cream just before serving, and dust lightly with remaining 1 tsp. cocoa powder.
November 2012 p.61